The flat, fast course has resulted in plenty of personal best results in previous years and a chance for new runners to test themselves in a safe and unique environment. All events finish with a 300m lap of the world class standard athletics track.
|Date||Sunday 5th Mar 2017|
|Location||University of Sunshine Coast
|Race Start||15km – 6:45am
10km – 7:00am
5km – 7:10am
2km – 7:30am
|Registration open||6:00am – 7:15am|
|Distances||2km, 5km, 10km, 15km|
|Age Groups||Under 20, 21-39, 40-59, 60 & over|
- Parking is available right next to the athletics track, within the university precinct. View Map
Sunshine Coast Run Series 2017
- Three great races.
- Three picturesque uniquely different courses.
- Choose from 2km, 5km, 10km and the new 15km challenge at each event.
- Great random draw prizes.
- Bring the family, get fit and have fun.
Race 1 Sunday January 29, 2017 | 6.30am Noosa Springs Golf and Spa
Race 2 Sunday March 5, 2017 | 6.45am University of the Sunshine Coast
Race 3 Sunday April 9, 2017 | 6.45am Pt Carwright, Buddina
This event would not be possible without the generous support of our local business community. We’d like to thank Allez Sport Mooloolaba, Hot 91.1, Fenwick’s Fruit Emporium and Infinit Nutrition for their support for the 2017 series.
The Sunshine Coast Run Series is proud to provide support to the Compass Institute a local award-winning charity dedicated to providing real futures for young Queenslanders with a disability. Members from Compass will take part in all aspects of this season’s run series. You’ll see them working at registration, pointing runners in the right direction on course and some will take part in running too.
The SCRS will also provide a donation at the end of the series to the organisation to help them provide essential programs and services on the Sunshine Coast. Not only does this provide the students of Compass Institute a sense of achievement and work ethic and also a financial contribution. Entrants are welcome to donate to Compass when entering on or the day. We thank you in advance for helping to make a difference.
Your age group is decided on your age as of 09th April 2017.
The age groups are as follows: 20 and under, 21-39, 40-59 and 60+
All results will be available online within hours after the completion of the event. Click on the banner above for the results or on the results tab above.
You can see the previous year’s results by clicking here.
Xmas Early Bird Entries*
Under 7’s free.
Online Entry Fee*
Under 7’s free.
*Online entries close at 5pm on the Friday before each race. Race day entries will be accepted and carry an additional $5 administration fee.
Xmas Early Bird Series Entries*
Under 7’s free.
Series Entry Fee *
*Series entry is only applicable for those entering the same distance at all three events.
Everyone who enters has a chance to win great random draw prizes from our sponsors which are drawn on the day. Winners must be present to receive their prize.
A race briefing for each distance will occur just prior to the first wave of competitors starting their race and will be held at the start line.
All Sunshine Coast Run Series events are electronically timed and results are made available by the completion of the event. Competitors will be given their race number (which includes their timing chip) at registration before the event. Timing chips (btags) are attached to your bib, please do not alter bib and ensure it is pinned to your chest. No chip, no time.
A dedicated recovery area, with post-race refreshments will be clearly marked at the end of each race. Depending on the course participants are invited to use facilities such as the pool or recreation area(Noosa Springs).
Random draw prizes and event winners will be rewarded and recognised at the conclusion of all events. Competitors and their support crew are encouraged to stay and attend the presentation.
While every reasonable precaution to ensure participants safety, you are responsible for your own safety and enter this event at your own risk.
Please adhere to the following safety guidelines;
- All entrants should undertake sufficient run training before the series and achieve a good level of competency for the distance of the chosen event.
- All entrants should be in good health, based on recent training, physical examinations, if any, and generally accepted good health standards.
- Fair sportsmanship shall be shown to all runners and others while competing.
- The run course is on an open public footpath. This footpath adjoins a public road that is not closed to traffic. Participants are to treat all roads as OPEN to all forms of traffic at all times.
- Runners must, at all times, stay on the footpath unless directed otherwise by a race marshall.
- Runners are to be aware of possible vehicles exiting from driveways along the course.