Triathlon Qld is hosting an LTO (Local Technical Officer) course on –
Saturday the 3RD of March 2018
9am – 1pm
Morning tea and a light lunch supplied
Local technical officials (LTO) operate on site at triathlons throughout Queensland and nationally to ensure events are run safely and fairly for all competitors. Technical officials work on the field of play to enforce the Triathlon Australia Race Competition Rules.
Through volunteering as an official, you’ll gain a unique insight into how triathlons and major sporting events are managed, and learn valuable transferable skills. All training is offered free of charge and you’ll also receive a financial contribution each time you volunteer to cover your costs.
The requirements to become a TO include –
- Complete an online Introduction to Officiating course offered by the Australian Sports Commission
- Attend a three to four hour training course and pass a written exam
- Participate in a practical assessment on the field of play (events can be found on the TQ website http://www.triathlon.org.au/State_Associations/QLD/qld/Events/Find_Events.htm
- Become a member of Triathlon Australia (free of charge as a volunteer)
- Sign a code of behaviour agreement
- Attain a Blue Card for child safety
- To maintain your accreditation you need to officiate at least three events a year (these can be local club events whereby a club committee member validates official attendance)
For more information on QLD Triathlon officials please follow this link http://www.triathlon.org.au/State_Associations/QLD/qld/Get_Involved/Officiating.htm
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested please email Tracey Zammit: email@example.com no later than Friday the 16th of February 2018.